Ron and his partner Mike ended up adopting two infants, a girl and a boy, who were 6 months apart and we chat about how difficult that transition was for them as a couple, and how they decided to sell their LA home within a month and move back to Austin to simplify their lives. We also chat about how they took care of his mom during her last few years of life while raising their newborns.
We talked about so many different things but some of the highlights were:
- The importance of keeping your relationship strong through these early years
- Being near supportive family and friends when raising your kids
- A common theme for the show - finding community
- The adoption agency they used: "The Independent Adoption Agency" and why they chose to do open adoption
- The importance of finding 'me' time
- How you get the kids you are meant to parent
- The universality of parenthood
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!