Today I enjoyed chatting with Carole Kramer Arsenault, RN, IBCLC. Carole has devoted her career to infant and pregnancy care, and worked for many years as a delivery nurse, including at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital. She founded and runs Boston Baby Nurse, a home health agency offering specialized support to families with babies. She lives outside Boston.
In her episode we chat about:
· Her work as a labor and delivery nurse and how that played a role in her birth and postpartum stories
· How she came to start Boston Baby Nurse and what services they offer
· Why she decided to write Newborn 101 and what readers can expect to get out of it – it’s like a pocket Postpartum nurse for you to take home!
· The importance of trusting your instincts during the postpartum period and avoiding getting too caught up in the fear-based perspective of Google searching
· Slowing down during the early postpartum weeks
· Lowering our expectations of our postpartum bodies.
· And so much more!
You can find this episode wherever you listen to podcasts or you can stream it here.
This episode of the postpartum podcast is sponsored by Aeroflow Breastpumps. Aeroflow helps you navigate qualifying for a breast pump through your insurance. Just because its covered, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Let Aeroflow handle the bureaucracy so that you can enjoy your baby. Go to aeroflowbreastpumps.com/postpartum to learn more.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
Thank you SO much for your support!