Today was such a great conversation with Kimberly Johnson of Magamama. I had heard Kimberly speak on another podcast and I loved her shared passion for helping and supporting new moms, so I knew I had to have her on! Kimberly is a yogini nomad, bodyworker, doula, postpartum women’s health specialist, and single mom to 8 year old, Cecilia. She is the creator of Magamama. Magamama is a community and resource hub for new moms who want natural, empowering solutions to the physical pain and emotional madness that can accompany childbirth. In her episode we chat about:
- Her experience giving birth to her daughter in Rio de janeiro
- Her experience with a severe birth injury and how hard it was to find the help she needed
- How she traveled the world to find out how other cultures approached postpartum
- The meaning of "Magamama"
- How we need to flip the script on the idea of women having "low libido"
- How we as women never seem to put ourselves first
- How trauma is "too big of an experience for your nervous system to digest"
- The importance of a Postpartum Plan
- How to find practitioners that specialize in this sort of postpartum recovery help. Check out Bellies Inc, Wild Feminine.
- The Closing of the Bones ceremony within Mexican culture
- And more!
This episode of the postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!