Today I so enjoyed chatting with Bianca Sprague and Natasha Marchand of bebo mia inc. Bianca is a birth doula and lactation educator and has supported hundreds of families through their pregnancy, birth and postpartum periods. She feels particularly passionate around maintaining the family's relationships and mental wellness. As a queer woman she advocates for inclusive language in the birthing space. She lives in Toronto with her spouse, Alana, and their daughter, Gray. Natasha is a pre & postnatal fitness professional and birth doula. After a long fertility journey with her first daughter, Natasha has positioned herself as a fertility expert. She specializes in working with families with a history of try to conceive through their pregnancy and postpartum period. Natasha lives in Toronto with her husband, Chris, their 6 year old daughter, Sadie, and just gave birth to her second daughter in September. bebo mia inc is a training & mentorship organization for women in the maternal health field, including pregnancy/birth professionals, childbirth educators & parenting specialists. They offer comprehensive skills, business support & community care through an innovative online structure that spans a global market.
In their episode we chat about:
- bebo mia's origin story
- Why they have some focus on fertility in their business
- Inclusive gender language when it comes to birth work
- How they feel like they did the opposite with their postpartum experiences that they tell their clients to do and what they would've done differently
- The challenge of working in this field and people "expecting us to be really good at this"
- Postpartum planning and asking for what you want
- Their birth stories and Natasha's thoughts about her upcoming C-Section
- The importance of setting yourself up for a positive postpartum experience
- Their differing experiences with postpartum as Natasha is more social and Bianca more introverted
- Postpartum struggles with a spirited high needs baby
- Letting moms experience whatever they experience postpartum
- Don't do it on your own!!
- And more!
You can find this episode wherever you listen to podcasts or you can stream it here.
This episode of the postpartum podcast is sponsored by Aeroflow Breastpumps. Aeroflow helps you navigate qualifying for a breast pump through your insurance. Just because its covered, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Let Aeroflow handle the bureaucracy so that you can enjoy your baby. Go to aeroflowbreastpumps.com/postpartum to learn more.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
Thank you SO much for your support!