I so enjoyed chatting with Arianna Taboada. Arianna is a maternal health consultant who works with experienced entrepreneurs who are becoming first time mothers, helping them customize their maternity leave plan and return to work. She is deeply committed to providing on-going, multi-faceted support that meets the professional, physical, mental, social, and emotional needs of entrepreneurs as they babyproof their business and navigate new motherhood.
Prior to her consulting practice, Arianna worked on maternal health issues for over a decade as a health educator, a social worker in a mental health clinic, a reproductive health researcher, and a yoga therapist. She draws from her expertise as a maternal health professional, combined with her experience as a business owner and mother, to provide highly personalized services so expecting entrepreneurs have the tools and information they need to make decisions and take action when it comes to balancing their business with a new baby. In her episode we covered so many topics but they included:
- How she got into the work that she does
- How she saw the need for helping entrepreneurs navigate maternity leave
- Midwifery care having a re-birth in Mexico
- The amazing difference between postpartum care in midwifery versus obstetric care
- The WHO recommendations for postpartum visits
- Tools to use for planning out your postpartum period and filling in gaps that may be missing in your support system and care.
- Building the muscle of asking for help and how her postpartum period looked
- The reality and perhaps taboo topic of it not being all happy sunshine and rainbows in both pregnancy and postpartum
- The benefit of not building back up to her same workload after baby
- The importance of social support during postpartum
- How her maternal health coaching works - spoiler - it's all online and you can access her from anywhere! :)
- Learn more about her services at http://www.ariannataboada.com/
You can find the episode wherever you find your podcasts or you can stream it here.
This episode of the postpartum podcast is sponsored by Aeroflow Breastpumps. Aeroflow helps you navigate qualifying for a breast pump through your insurance. Just because its covered, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Let Aeroflow handle the bureaucracy so that you can enjoy your baby. Go to aeroflowbreastpumps.com/postpartum to learn more.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!