Today I chat with author, writing teacher and mama of 1, Kate Abbott. Kate recently released her memoir Walking After Midnight: Into and Out of Postpartum Depression which I had the privilege of reading before our chat. Her memoir is so beautifully written, and I could relate to her story so much. I know that her story will resonate with so many moms and particularly those that have experienced Postpartum Depression/Anxiety.
In her episode we chat about:
- Her experience with bed rest and her fast birth story
- Her new memoir & postpartum depression story
- The importance of knowing the signs of postpartum depression and sharing them with your family, partner and close friends so they know what to look for.
- Her journey to starting medication and how it changed her whole life when Henry was 8 months old.
- How we need to talk more about mental health
- A new postpartum idea of bringing a gift card to a food place for new families
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go to http://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!